Geronimo began as ‘Camp Thomas’ in 1876, and was used by the US calvary to ‘manage’ the Apache reservation. However, Camp Thomas moved further east and became the town of Fort Thomas and old Camp Thomas became Geronimo. Geronimo was named for the Chiricahua Apache chief, Goyaalé, or, Geronimo. it was a station on the Arizona-Eastern Railway and a post office was created in 1896. The building above was supposedly an old grocery and auto shop. It is a true ghost town today, with a population of 0.
33 04′36″N 110 01′59″W